The Final Art Exhibition

INTRO: On July 27th, "Bright Stars" Summer Academy held its *End-of-camp* Performance Show & Exhibition.



"...Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we're powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us..."

"...We were all meant to shine as children, not just some of us but all of us..." -anonymous quote


ART SHOW @ ICB:

This art exhibition featured the work of all my art students. Setting up the exhibit took a lot of time & hard work. My friends helped me hang stars from the ceiling & frame the displayed artwork.

...ENVISION MY GALAXY OF BRIGHT STARS...

SELF-PORTRAIT CUT-OUTS:

Created by my youngest students, 5 & 6 year old's.


...Can you feel the power of these Bright Stars?...

WATER-COLOR FLOWERS:

Inspired by Georgia O'Keefe & nature. This artwork was created by 1 of my favorite classes (where we always worked on the floor in the classroom), ages 9-12 years old.





Hurray! for the students using the "pointilism" method (that they learned from the last class) in this project.



"You find any Palestinian Picasso's hiding in your camp?" -SC


ANCIENT EGYPTIAN BURLAP PAINTINGS:
Completed by children, ages 9-12.


COPPER ENGRAVINGS:


This copper engraving was done by one of my most memorable students, Saba. He showed it to me and said "Look Sarah, he's crazy!". I love it but it may be difficult to make out...it is an image of a person's head & body in the center, with an out stretched arm at the left.


Blind Contour Drawings:

Created by my oldest group of students, 12-13 year-old's, who were also my most challenging group of students. This was the first lesson we did together, but it was difficult for them because it required a lot of focus & patience.


STUDENT PERFORMANCES:

DABKAH (Palestinian Traditional Dance)
UNICYCLING (Johannes' Class)

HANY (Karate Instructor)



MORE PHOTOS OF ART EXHIBITION:




No comments: